For some of us sky is the limit. Our today’s guest basically loves living in the clouds. I Present to you our Skydiving Star – Anais Zanotti
Being The Best – Skydiving Goddess Anais Zanotti
- What was the spark, the moment that inspired you to start training?
- I always trained all my life, I started going to the gym when I was 15 years old. Been a trainer as always been one of my dreams. And now I am glad that I can move my modeling career to fitness and start inspire and help others.
- Can you pretty please describe your workout week
- I do bodybuilding, so usually work on one to two muscle groups per day. Monday Legs Day, Tuesday Biceps and Triceps, Wednesday Legs, Thursday Back and Shoulders, Friday Legs, Saturday Calisthenics Body Weight Training only. I do 30 to 45 min of fasted cardio 3 to 4 times per week and core exercises 5 times per week.
- What is your favorite cardio workout, or are their more, maybe give us the combo that you are using?
- I love doing the stair master, I usually do intervals. And sometime I will do 10 sprints outside to change up my cardio.
- What is your favorite food, recipe, meal?
- I love pasta, I am Italian from my Dad so I have a huge weakness for pasta and pizza.
- IF we are at your home now and we take a look inside your fridge, what can we find there? 🙂
- Lol a bunch of Tupperware with all my prep food inside for the week 🙂 Also, veggies, green apple. I know pretty boring but that’s a choice of life and I do cheat meal once or twice per week.
- Do you follow a specific nutrition program, please reveal some details about it?
- Right now I am doing the Carbocyclic diet, so on the days I do heavy training or legs I make sure to eat carbs and the days when I don’t work out or do light training those days are no carbs. I usually eat 6 meals per day. I always drink my BCAA during my workout and it help my body to recover faster.
Skydiving Coach & Fitness Model – Anais Zanotti
- How do you stay motivated, because we all know how unthankful this sport is, few weeks off, and everything goes down the road?
- I have always been motivated, I never stop working out. I have taken a week off of going to the gym, but when I am on vacation, if I don’t find a gym I make sure to travel with my exercise bands and every morning I will do body weight workouts anywhere I can find a space to do it. Last year I sprained my ankle very bad and was on crutches for 2 months. I went to the gym on crutches, I learned to work around my injury and I got better quicker than I was supposed to because of my motivation and training. I also trained at my house. Nothing can stop me, really. I do it because I love it and it makes me feel good.
- Skydiving – adrenalin rush, amazing few from above… Please give us more details why did you picked this, and if a words can describe while you are up there!!!
- When I was little I always had the dream of flying. I discovered skydiving 8 years ago, I went with my friends and as soon I left the airplane I fell in love with skydiving. And since then I have made over 1400 jumps. It’s an amazing sport, you never stop learning, there are so many ways of flying, always something new to learn. What I live for the most is freeflying. Being able to move your body around, going faster, slower, sharing incredible times with your friends. It’s hard to explain until you try it. The skydiving world is awesome, we all share omething special, we are all like family.
- Speaking from my experience, we all love having a cheat meal once maybe twice a week, what is yours?
- I love cheat meals! My favorite is Italian, Pasta, Pizza and dessert.
- What do you love to do in the gym, name few favorite exercises, and of course why?
- I love body weight training the most. Being able to lift your own body instead of using weights is pretty fun. And as a woman it’s harder because we don’t have as strong an upper body as men do so we have to work extra hard for it. I am one of those that before were not able to do a pull up, and used to hate pushups. Now I love it and it’s what I like the most. Doing variations of pull-ups, pushups, and dips. You are also using some muscles that you never use lifting weights. It’s fun and challenging, it has totally changed my body.
- What body part gave you the biggest headache? What was your biggest focus?
- Maybe my chest. I don’t workout my chest too often. But I’ll do some different variations of pushups. I never liked doing calves either. But I do them anyway.
- Supplementation is essential for our health, muscle gain, etc.… what do you recommend?
- If you are training I highly recommend to take BCAA. It helps the body to recover faster, allowing you to work harder, preserve muscle mass and lose body fat.
Skydiving MMA Snorkeling Modeling Weight Training Stunts – Anais Zanotti
- Any special moments, competitions, fails that made you stronger, and pushed you to go further?
- I’ve never competed, but with skydiving, I do push myself to get better. It’s not being better than someone else. It’s being better today than I was yesterday.
- Tips and Tricks for the new skydiving lovers?
- For the ones who have never tried it, don’t be afraid to jump. You don’t feel the falling, it’s more like floating. It’s very peaceful and one of the best feelings in the world. What I like about skydiving is you can have the worst problem in your head but once you are in the air, only the present matters.
- OK let’s take a break from the gym, what makes you warm and makes you smile, what makes you happy
- Doing what I love makes me happy, making someone happy makes me smile.
- How much sweat and sacrifices has one to do, in order to achieve the goals?
- A lot of sacrifice, not being able to be close to my family. I used to travel a lot for work, jet lag, crazy schedules.
Being The Best – Skydiving Goddess Anais Zanotti
- How much is nutrition education important to be successful, I’m not just asking about going to college and pick your master in nutrition, what about hours spent in front of the PC, talking with others etc. …
- Nutrition has a huge impact on your results. That’s why when I got my Personal Training Certification, I did it thru NASM. It’s one of the best and most recognized schools for Personal Training. They cover a lot of the nutrition and supplementation on the CPT and they also have a nutrition specialization as well. I am always browsing on the web reading articles about nutrition, I have tried a few different diets myself before I give it to my client. Nutrition is just as important as training, if not more. If you do not eat right, it will be very hard for you to reach your goals. I see a lot of people when they start training have to lose weight, and they actually do not eat enough before their training or sometimes skip breakfast thinking they will lose weight. This is very bad. I always tell my clients when you have no gas in your car, does your car start? Well your body is the same. You won’t be able to train hard if you don’t eat enough.